Overloud Jensen Vintage Ceramic C15N - SuperCabinet IR Library
The Blackface era sibling of the P15N is a powerful, unusually open sounding 15” speaker, with a cutting presence on the full range of frequencies. The C15N is very efficient and delivers dynamic, high-headroom and punchy tone from bass to treble. It is the first-choice speaker for many pedal steel and blues players. It is very commonly found in Pro® and Vibrolux® amps in the ‘60s and is used in the low frequency drum of the Leslie® 122 and 147 amplifiers. Housed in a vintage correct medium sized 1x15 cabinet, its full-bodied tone is realistically captured by the 18 microphones in 16 positions Overloud recipe.
Also Includes The Remastered Version
- This library also includes the remastered version of all the IRs.
- The vintage Jensen speakers were designed mainly for clean tones. The maximum overdrive achievable back in those days was generated by the amplifier’s natural clipping and compression, and maybe by some of the earlier fuzz pedals. Those speakers were voiced for sparkly, shimmering treble response, with a remarkable amount of energy well over 6kHz, to be coupled with the warm sounding circuits, and the thin, resonant cabinets of the era.
- The IRs of the Vintage Jensen Speakers behave exactly as expected, bright, clear and detailed.
- In the modern world, especially with high gain tones, naturally very rich in harmonic overtones, all this energy in the treble range may sometimes turn into an overly bright, aggressive tone.
To further expand the possible applications of these historical speakers, we decided to offer all the Vintage Jensen IRs also in a “Remastered” option, where we finely tuned the top end response to be warmer and less prominent, so as to make it suitable also in more contemporary, higher gain applications.
A sort of virtual “aged tone”, that offers a whole new range of sounds for every application. All the IRs in the library are effectively doubled by the “Remastered” version, opening up new possibilities to the player, once again “beyond the original hardware”.
Made For The Supercabinet
The library is created for the TH-U Supercabinet, which allows to:
- Graphically browse the IRs in the library
- Blend them together
- Craft new cabinet tones with the unique Multiband mode
- Use the IR in the software
- Export the IRs in .wav, compatible with the software IR loaders and all the major hardware modelers
The microphones used during the capturing session are:
- AKG C12
- AKG C414
- AKG C414 XLS
- Audio Technica AT4033
- Coles 4038
- Electro Voice RE16
- Groove Tubes MD1
- Neumann KM84
- Neumann U47
- Neumann U87
- RODE NT1
- Royer R121
- Sennheiser E609
- Sennheiser MD421
- Shure B52
- Shure SM57
- Shure SM58
- Shure SM81
Every microphone has been moved to 4 different horizontal positions (Cap, Cap Edge, Cone and Cone Edge), two distances and two angulations, for a total of 16 IRs each.
All the measurement set has been repeated for each one of the cabinets in the library.
All IRs have been phase aligned and they can be blended without phase cancellations.
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them.
This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to download and register the plugin(s) to the manufacturer.