Overloud Jensen Vintage C12K & N12K - SuperCabinet IR Library
Read important 'Zip pay in 4' instruction bellow the product description
While not strictly a vintage reissue, the C12K is the first original design that Jensen developed in the early ‘90s. It is tonally inspired by the classic vintage ceramic Jensen, but with a substantially stronger voice, full, solid bass and smooth top end. The C12K immediately became one of the speakers of choice for Fender®, used in a myriad of world-selling models since then. Vintage tone with modern power handling and dynamics are the key virtues of the C12K, in the classic 1x12 and 2x12 Open Back enclosures, typical of the contemporary Fender combo amps, each captured with 18 mics in 16 positions each.
The N12K was developed in conjunction with Fender® as the speaker for the new Fender® Tone Master™ Deluxe Reverb® and Twin Reverb®. It delivers the same sound, character and dynamic feel of the classic Jensen C12K with half the weight, thanks to the exclusive Jensen Neodymium magnet design (the same magnet used in the Tornado series). The N12K exhibits a full bodied tone with a hint of a more “modern”, transparent lower midrange, along with the same, remarkable headroom and just the right amount of treble, to sound clear and even. The cabinet selection is the same as the C12K: 1x12 and 2x12 Open Back, with 18 mics and 16 positions.
Also Includes The Remastered Version
- This library also includes the remastered version of all the IRs.
- The vintage Jensen speakers were designed mainly for clean tones. The maximum overdrive achievable back in those days was generated by the amplifier’s natural clipping and compression, and maybe by some of the earlier fuzz pedals. Those speakers were voiced for sparkly, shimmering treble response, with a remarkable amount of energy well over 6kHz, to be coupled with the warm sounding circuits, and the thin, resonant cabinets of the era.
- The IRs of the Vintage Jensen Speakers behave exactly as expected, bright, clear and detailed.
- In the modern world, especially with high gain tones, naturally very rich in harmonic overtones, all this energy in the treble range may sometimes turn into an overly bright, aggressive tone.
To further expand the possible applications of these historical speakers, we decided to offer all the Vintage Jensen IRs also in a “Remastered” option, where we finely tuned the top end response to be warmer and less prominent, so as to make it suitable also in more contemporary, higher gain applications.
A sort of virtual “aged tone”, that offers a whole new range of sounds for every application. All the IRs in the library are effectively doubled by the “Remastered” version, opening up new possibilities to the player, once again “beyond the original hardware”.
Made For The Supercabinet
The library is created for the TH-U Supercabinet, which allows to:
- Graphically browse the IRs in the library
- Blend them together
- Craft new cabinet tones with the unique Multiband mode
- Use the IR in the software
- Export the IRs in .wav, compatible with the software IR loaders and all the major hardware modelers
The microphones used during the capturing session are:
- AKG C12
- AKG C414
- AKG C414 XLS
- Audio Technica AT4033
- Coles 4038
- Electro Voice RE16
- Groove Tubes MD1
- Neumann KM84
- Neumann U47
- Neumann U87
- RODE NT1
- Royer R121
- Sennheiser E609
- Sennheiser MD421
- Shure B52
- Shure SM57
- Shure SM58
- Shure SM81
Every microphone has been moved to 4 different horizontal positions (Cap, Cap Edge, Cone and Cone Edge), two distances and two angulations, for a total of 16 IRs each.
All the measurement set has been repeated for each one of the cabinets in the library.
All IRs have been phase aligned and they can be blended without phase cancellations.
In most cases, the product you purchase from us is a serial number/license code/activation code to register the product with the manufacturer and download directly from them.
This ensures you receive the latest version of products, and the best support when neccessary.
The email you receive from us after purchase will contain the license code and a link to download and register the plugin(s) to the manufacturer.