The Ultimate Reference Track Tool
A/B referencing plays an essential part in production, mixing and mastering, and Magic AB offers an infinitely faster, easier and more accurate method to compare multiple audio streams to those currently available in any DAW. With various modes available for playback, including: latch, loop and host sync, and up-to 4 cue points per reference file.
Magic AB – “Everyone Should have It!”
Magic AB v2 sits on your mix bus (or individual channels), allowing instant switching between your current project and the reference material in pristine, transparent quality, regardless of the processes already on the mix bus.
With Version 2, Magic AB includes a host of new features and powerful workflow improvements including two new referencing modes, up-to four programmable Cue and Loop points per track, RAM-bypass mode, drag and drop files, Mono/Stereo switching and much more.
- Perform instant AB references: compare the track you are working on in your DAW with any commercially produced reference track in a variety of audio formats (mp3, Aiff, Wav, m4a, AAC).
- Like the sound of a reference? No problems – drag/drop your chosen reference track’s into Magic AB then flick between them and your mix with a single mouse click.
- New in Version 2: three unique referencing modes: Sync to compare your current mix with older versions – a mastering must; Latch to follow the DAW timeline; and Manual for freeform referencing.
- Hone in on the details: cue the reference track from the precise point you want to hear and loop the section you want to focus on. New with V2: save up to four cue/loop points per track and work in detail with the all-new zoom.
- Compare multiple mixes quickly and simply: create and save ‘go-to’ playlists to radically speed up mixing and mastering.
- Balance the relative volume of mixes with extensive, accurate, easy-to-read metering (peak, RMS and crest values with adjustable peak fall time). The clear, ergonomically designed GUI with bold waveform display means you’re always comparing like with like.
- Compare stereo mixes or flip to mono to check mono comptability.
- Give your ears a chance to recalibrate with manually changeable crossfade times. Flip in an instant, or allow a transitions of up to 2000ms.
- Do it all ‘in mini’ with Mini AB – the same powerful feature set at a tenth of the size: ideal for those using smaller screens.